Archived Release — October 14, 2014 — HomMed, a leader in telehealth and remote patient care, today unveiled the most recent version of its LifeStream™ Manager (v4.12) – the company’s core healthcare-provider facing application – featuring newly-incorporated best-in-class security and access rights.
Designed to provide administrators and IT professionals with tighter control of their LifeStream interface and improved configurability, LifeStream 4.12 includes a series of usability updates for clinicians including expanded access to resources, and improved software performance to make LifeStream navigation more efficient.
“We know healthcare professionals need to provide high quality care, delivered in the most cost-effective way while maintaining high levels of patient and data security,” said John Bojanowski, president of HomMed. “The newest version of LifeStream gives care providers the confidence of knowing their patient files are secure, while also optimizing the software solution for more streamlined workflows.”
LifeStream 4.12 features the following new specific benefits for care providers:
- Expanded configurable password rules: LifeStream Manager provides administrators and IT professionals with tighter control of their LifeStream interface with an expanded set of customizable password requirements;
- Grant access to multiple LifeStream accounts: To extend security processes across multiple workplace locations or facilities, LifeStream now provides secure access to multiple LifeStream accounts to enable consistent oversight of patients under one umbrella;
- Enhanced LifeStream Resources: LifeStream now provides convenient access to documentation and training materials directly from the user interface via the LifeStream Resource Center. Healthcare providers can easily research user manuals and clinical documentation, watch training videos on a wide range of commonly used LifeStream workflows, and access LifeStream University educational presentations to review best practices; and
- Improved application performance: The new faster login and page loading times improves overall navigation and clinician efficiencies.
The LifeStream Management Suite
Designed to maximize clinician workflow efficiency while providing a robust care provider/patient interface, the LifeStream Management Suite gives care providers the ability to customize patient care plans and view patient data – all from a single clinical dashboard. The LifeStream Management Suite includes four software applications:
- LifeStream™ Manager 4.12 manages all in-home patient monitors from a single dashboard. LifeStream Manager also allows healthcare providers to customize which biometrics are collected from patients and when, increasing overall patient compliance to levels. Other features include the ability to view indicator flags when real-time patient data falls out of acceptable ranges, immediately alerting healthcare providers to patients whose data points indicate triage intervention is necessary.
- LifeStream™ Connect: With the widest selection of interfaces to standard electronic health records (EHR), electronic medical records (EMR) and other point-of-care applications, LifeStream Connect’s HL7 interface ensures efficient exchange of clinical data in a single platform, eliminating data entry redundancy and errors. Using LifeStream Connect, healthcare providers can use a unified application for patient monitoring and no longer have to switch between disparate systems, ensuring a consistently accurate view of patient health.
- LifeStream™ Analytics: Offering powerful analytical tools for healthcare providers to better manage work flows, LifeStream Analytics generates customizable reports that provide the capability to track patient outcomes and patient load for each care provider, as well as hospital admissions – and readmissions – based on patient diagnosis, and other selectable factors. It also generates reports that allow healthcare providers to improve patient care by assessing patient profiling trends, device status and utilization, and asset management.
- LifeStream™ View: Providing secure access to patient information via the Internet, LifeStream View ensures patients, families and healthcare providers have the ability to view a current picture of the patient’s health status at any time – anywhere they have an internet connection. It also allows patient data points to be organized into tabs and graphs that can be used to help identify trends in the patient’s overall health.
This release is provided for informational purposes only. Life Care Solutions, formerly HomMed, is now a Resideo company.
HomMed is part of Resideo Technologies, Inc., a global leader in providing product and service solutions that improve efficiency and profitability, support regulatory compliance, and maintain safe, comfortable environments in homes, buildings and industry.
For more information about HomMed, please visit resideo.com/news.