HomMed continues to advance patient quality of care through innovative range of new telehealth technologies
LAS VEGAS — February 20, 2012 — For the thousands of attendees at the HIMSS 2012 convention this year, the Honeywell (NYSE: HON) HomMed booth (# 1618) will feature a full continuum of new product and service offerings that encapsulate the company’s mission to redefine the telehealth industry – one touch at a time. HomMed’s display at this year’s convention builds on the company’s efforts to enhance quality of care and usability for patients, families and providers, as well as improve productivity for clinicians and physicians across a wide range of geographical and clinical settings.
“The HIMSS convention is always an incredible opportunity for Honeywell HomMed to engage with healthcare professionals,” said Terry Duesterhoeft, president of Honeywell HomMed. “We’ve made a significant investment in product and service development in the past year, and the feedback we’re receiving from our customers is extremely positive. Every innovation we’re highlighting is rooted in HomMed’s LifeStream Solutions business objective — a commitment to redefine the industry by simultaneously reducing the cost of healthcare while increasing access and improving quality. We look forward to sharing news on this front throughout the convention.”
Honeywell HomMed at HIMSS 2012
Throughout the week, Honeywell HomMed experts and executives will be engaging with attendees, demonstrating the company’s new technologies, and discussing telehealth trends in the healthcare industry. For members of the media, the following will be featured:
- Media Event: Honeywell HomMed will host a special media event in its booth on Tuesday, February 21, from 6 to 7 PM (following the closing of the exhibit floor), to unveil its personal health device, the Genesis Touch™, as well as its LifeStream Partners, and LifeStream Services – a new managed services offering. HomMed and Partner executives and staff will be available to assist media in a hands-on demonstration of the new Genesis Touch.
- Product news: Throughout the HIMSS convention, Honeywell HomMed and Partner executives and staff will be available in the booth to provide hands-on demonstrations of its LifeStream products, services and applications and how they are redefining the telehealth industry – one touch at a time – for patients, families, physicians, clinicians and healthcare providers.
- Video, Imagery and Press Materials: For media unable to attend the media event or tour the booth during HIMSS, an online resource will be available with a sampling of video and images, as well as product and service information (including the complete HomMed HIMSS press kit), at: www.scribd.com/HoneywellHomMed.
Product Line-Up at HIMSS 2012
The Honeywell HomMed booth will feature LifeStream products and services designed to not only enhance its product family, but position the company to meet the future needs of healthcare practitioners, providers, patients and families.
“Addressing healthcare’s biggest challenges – from reducing emergency department admissions and hospital readmissions to giving patients who live in rural areas access to quality healthcare – has always been the goal of the telehealth industry,” said Mr. Duesterhoeft. “The success we’ve had in providing solutions to these issues is why we’ve continued to see exponential growth in our industry, and why telehealth products like HomMed’s Genesis family have been embraced by healthcare providers and patients alike.”
Genesis Family of Monitors
- Genesis Touch: The newest addition to the Genesis family of monitors, the FDA-cleared personal health device – the Genesis Touch – is an Android-based tablet that supports all the traditional telehealth benefits the healthcare industry has come to expect from the Genesis family of monitors. In addition, its new features such as integrated video capabilities, enhanced security, and untethered mobility provide a richer interaction experience between patients and their healthcare providers.
- Genesis™ DM and DM Pro: The Genesis DM and DM Pro telehealth monitors provide a robust view of patient health through complete remote biometric and vital sign collection.
Honeywell HomMed is proud to announce a new managed services offering – LifeStream Services – for healthcare providers. Through this offering, HomMed will now provide “door to door” service, flexible and customized support to address the infrastructure needs of its customers. LifeStream Services was created and designed around the very specific needs and desires of healthcare providers – whether they are a rural-area hospital or a multi-state healthcare organization – and includes:
- patient device acquisition and maintenance
- patient fulfillment
- patient installation
- triage and monitoring services
The LifeStream Partners are an expanding group of industry-leading companies Honeywell has collaborated with to harness the strengths of the “best of the best” in their respective industries, providing Honeywell customers – healthcare providers, patients and families – with the support of unparalleled technology and resources.
Honeywell International (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
About Honeywell HomMed:
Honeywell HomMed is part of the Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions business group, a global leader in providing product and service solutions that improve efficiency and profitability, support regulatory compliance, and maintain safe, comfortable environments in homes, buildings and industry.