New Clinical Monitoring Offering Helps Healthcare Providers Control Costs and Improve Outcomes
Brookfield, WI. — October 14, 2014 — Honeywell (NYSE: HON) HomMed, a global leader in telehealth and remote patient care, today announced a new clinical monitoring offering – Honeywell Select Services – to streamline the telehealth delivery process between healthcare providers and patients.
Select Services helps reduce the complexity and costs associated with providing telehealth by monitoring patients from Honeywell’s nurse call center headquarters. Offering three tiers of service, healthcare providers such as hospitals and health plans can select the model that best addresses their needs and delivers the most flexibility to scale their services as demand changes. The new service offering enables organizations to offer a complete end-to-end telehealth solution to their patients by leveraging Honeywell’s range of products, monitoring services, clinical training, and customer support from a single source provider.
“Honeywell Select Services offers healthcare providers all the elements of a full telehealth program,” said John Bojanowski, president of Honeywell HomMed. “We are proud to be able to offer our customers this ‘one-stop-shop’ opportunity based on our own best-practices methodology, so they can more effectively and efficiently leverage the benefits of a complete telehealth program within their organization.”
Honeywell’s three-tiered range of options supports all aspects of a full-service telehealth solution, including the following:
- Device Acquisition & Service:
- Honeywell provides flexible device acquisition choices based on budget and infrastructure requirements, including rentals, purchase, or leasing options
- 24/7 customer service and technical support is available for troubleshooting and user assistance
- Triage and monitoring services:Honeywell Select Services reduces the need for full-time clinical staff and improves patient care though reduced readmission rates. Monitoring services include:
- Continuity-of-care via dedicated care providers
- Providing clinical follow up on missing data
- Identifying patient problems early to improve patient self-management
- Providing patients with a clinical resource for their healthcare questions or concerns
- Outcomes and Analytics:Honeywell Select Services offers healthcare providers the tools to assess overall program effectiveness, which includes:
- Measuring program outcomes
- Assessing clinical operations and effectiveness
- Gauging patient satisfaction rates
“Honeywell Select Services is truly a customer-driven initiative, allowing us to best meet the needs of our diverse range of customers – from rural hospitals to multi-state healthcare organizations,” said Mr. Bojanowski.
Honeywell International (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
About Honeywell HomMed:
Honeywell HomMed is part of the Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions business group, a global leader in providing product and service solutions that improve efficiency and profitability, support regulatory compliance, and maintain safe, comfortable environments in homes, buildings and industry. For more information about Honeywell HomMed, please visit www.hommed.com.
This release contains certain statements that may be deemed “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intends, expects, projects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by our management in light of their experience and their perception of historical trends, current economic and industry conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate. The forward-looking statements included in this release are also subject to a number of material risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental, and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, developments and business decisions may differ from those envisaged by such forward-looking statements.